Acoustic Senior Consultant, Chicago Office
- Apr 15, 2019
SM&W is seeking an Acoustic Senior Consultant to join our Chicago Office
Shen Milsom & Wilke is a global consulting firm dedicated in providing guidance and creative technology solutions. Our focus lies in our technology specialties which include audio visual / multimedia, information technology, security, acoustics and medical equipment planning centered on compliance requirements within our client’s environment.
SM&W is seeking talented Acoustical Consultant for our Chicago office. The Consultant will work on a diverse range of high profile projects by conducting field measurements, building acoustical computer models, and consulting on solutions to optimize acoustical performance and mitigate unwanted noise and vibration.
Ideal candidate would be experienced in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering with a thorough understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics. The candidate must possess expertise with sound and vibration test equipment and the ability to measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration from interior and exterior sources. You will be responsible for field noise and vibration measurements, data analysis and evaluation. Design capabilities in numerous vertical markets, including education, healthcare, government, commercial and hospitality, is a must.
Project management experience to include multi-discipline coordination in an architectural design environment is a plus. Essential quality and experience includes mentoring staff, maintaining and continuing to build on a strong heritage of client service and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acoustical Design: Provide acoustical consulting in architectural & mechanical acoustics, audiovisual systems & environmental noise control and vibration isolation projects.
- Manage all aspects of your assigned projects and work closely with each discipline in the development of projects from beginning to end, focusing on budget, scheduling, design, client and consultant communication and coordination.
- Collect and analyze noise and vibration data. Perform calculations and site surveys/construction administration.
- Prepare reports, memorandums to communicate acoustical project issues.
- Development and design of project drawings in AutoCAD/BIM, EASE and Sound Plan.
- Manage a team of acoustical and technology staff and provide mentorship to aid in grown and development.
- Play an integral role in the systems implementation process, acting as the primary point of contact between the systems vendor, the project team, and the client to ensure a successful implementation.
- Interact with systems vendors to negotiate contract bids and awards.
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials and presentations, cultivating active and potential client relationships. Experience in marketing and business development.
- Serve as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise.Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to facilitate and increase in overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
- Serve to take ownership of the Acoustical department within the Chicago office, working closely with the director and partner in the office.
- Up to 10-15% domestic and international travel will be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 8+ years’ experience
- BS in Acoustics, Physics, or other engineering degree.
- INCE certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of Architectural drawing and technology.
- Fully proficient in most recent version of EASE and Sound Plan preferred.
- Fully proficient in most recent version of AutoCAD, BIM, EASE and Sound Plan.
- Competency in Microsoft Suite
Opportunities to Grow:
Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits / Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: Chicago Sr AC Consultant
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.