Information Technology Infrastructure Design Engineer, New York
- Mar 02, 2017
We are seeking an Information Technology Infrastructure Design Engineer for SM&W’s New York office
The associate information technology infrastructure design engineer will be responsible for the design and specification of standards compliant structured cabling systems. Minimum 5 years’ experience as a high level consultant and designer for projects requiring the design of structured cabling systems. Must also have experience with the coordination of MEP and architectural infrastructure requirements.
Project management experience should include multi-discipline (Information Technology Systems, Audiovisual and Security) coordination and design. An understanding of numerous IT technologies (LAN/WAN, Wireless, RTLS) are a must. Information Infrastructure design capabilities include all phases from Conceptual/Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the architectural design process and construction administration. A proven track record and ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of design is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and specification of voice, data, and video and network equipment for technology projects. Design capabilities include all phases from conceptual design through construction documents.
- Preparing program requirements and basis of design reports Responsible for the design and specification of voice, data, and video and network equipment for technology projects. Design capabilities include all phases from conceptual design through construction documents.
- Interfacing with Clients, Owners, and design team members
- Preparing agendas, running design/coordination meetings and providing minutes
- Preparing structured cabling design documentation, including drawings and CSI specifications
- Reviewing and approving shop drawings and product data submittals and responding to RFi’s
- Field coordination of installation work
- Reviewing and analyzing test results
- Systems coordination, specification writing, CAD/drafting, field work, product research, and responding to client questions
- Managing resources in the development of construction documents
- Serving as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- 15-20% domestic and international travel may be required
Experience / Knowledge:
- 5-10 years’ experience
- 4 year Engineering degree
- RCDD certification preferred
- Knowledge of various Information Systems design and implementation
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications cabling and infrastructure design and implementation
- Knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, IEEE and TIA/EIA
- Familiarity with standard equipment manufacturers including Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, Extreme, Avaya
- Thorough familiarity of Schematic Design reports, Design Development documentation and the Construction Documentation phase of the architectural design process
- Excellent writing, listening and verbal communications skills, with a strong commitment to learning
- Must be proactive and have excellent time management skills and capable of working independently
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-player attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under strict deadlines, interface effectively with management, handle multiple requests with an eye for detail and a strong commitment to quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD a plus
- General knowledge of digital media delivery technologies, AV systems
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), company sponsored medical and dental coverage, vacation/holidays and a comfortable, professional work environment.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org