AV Systems Design Engineer, New York
- Oct 06, 2017
We are seeking an AV Systems Design Engineer for SM&W’s New York office
The NY based AV Systems Design Candidate will join our talented team of professionals to provide innovative solutions for our prestigious clients. You will work on a wide range of vertical markets and geographically diverse projects from small offices to multi-million square feet structures; from corporate to educational, hospitals to hospitality, and government to training centers. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team of IT, Security, Medical Equipment Planning and Acoustical engineers collaboratively providing client focused consultancy services as trusted leaders in our industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct involvement in all aspects and phases of projects (i.e. programming, design, construction administration, etc.)
- Work in collaboration with other team members to ensure the design intent, client needs are met by the system design
- Core ownership responsibility for your projects with the ability to juggle multiple projects while ensuring each one is driven to completion accurately and on-time.
- Develop AV system designs and perform all engineering tasks to ensure the designs meet client needs, expectations, and budgets
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- All planning and coordination efforts and interaction with clients, professional services firms, and other trades for assigned projects
- Ensure coordination between our work and other consultants on the project including the architect MEP engineer and others.
- Attend and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town)
- Provide design direction for production team. Perform QC checks on all deliverables prior to release to clients.
- Respond to RFIs as required
- 10-15% travel may be required
Experience / Skills:
- 8+ years of experience in the business technology, construction, design or engineering industries
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Expert knowledge of industry standards in AV system design
- Experience with small, medium, and large-scale projects
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and email etiquette
- Project management skill including understanding project risks and knowing when to escalate.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with IT and / or Security system design / integration
- CTS-CTS-D, PMP certifications
- Technology consulting experience
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), company sponsored medical and dental coverage, vacation/holidays and a comfortable, professional work environment.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org