BIM / CAD Designer, DC Office
- Aug 04, 2018
SM&W is seeking a BIM / CAD Designer to join our Washington DC Office
Shen Milsom & Wilke is a global consulting firm dedicated in providing guidance and creative technology solutions.
We have a great opportunity for a talented BIM / CAD Designer to join our DC (Arlington, VA) office working alongside our team of ICT, Medical Equipment Planners and Acoustical engineers to collaboratively provide client focused design and consultancy services.
The ideal candidate should have a technical degree in the AEC industry with studies in design documentation. You must be well versed in Revit and AutoCAD to produce design documentation and work in cooperation with the design team. In addition, we require at least two years’ experience in AEC field producing design documents. You will be required to maintain integrity of Revit models, work as a document controller, QA/QC drawings for standards and graphics, and coordinate Revit work between multiple offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to produce conceptual sketches, design and construction drawings for Telecommunications, Security, Medical Equipment, and Audiovisual designs.
- Drawing production in AutoCAD and Revit
- Preparation of notes, schedules, memos and transmittals
- Document management
- The position will require interfacing with Architects, Engineers and construction trade contractors.
- Interoffice project coordination
- PDF creation, plotting and preparation of drawing packages
- Coordination with Architects, Engineers and contractors
- Technical Degree
- 2+ years of experience
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD
- Fully proficient in Revit
- Familiarity with Architectural drawings and technology
- Knowledge of general drafting practices and procedures
- Ability to follow company CAD/BIM standards and procedures
- Ability to ensure accuracy of the designed product or concept for the organization
- Good organizational, written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Full Proficiency in Microsoft Suites
Opportunities to Grow:
Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits / Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ref: DC BIM/CAD
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.