BIM/CAD Designer, Denver Office
- Oct 01, 2019
SM&W technology professional services’ consulting firm seeks a CAD/BIM Designer for their SM&W Colorado office. The BIM/CAD Designer position requires BIM project coordination and modeling skills.
Applicant should have a degree in the A/E/C industry with studies in design documentation and Revit. Applicant must be well versed in Revit and AutoCAD to produce design documentation and work in cooperation with the design team. In addition the applicant should have at least three years’ experience in AEC field producing design documents. Applicant will be required to maintain integrity of Revit models, work as a document controller, QA/QC drawings for standards and graphics, and coordinate Revit work between multiple offices.
Applicant will be required to produce conceptual sketches, design and construction drawings for Telecommunications, Security, Medical Equipment, and Audio Visual designs. The position also includes development of Theatrical Systems and Theater layout design; experience and interest in these areas is desired.
The CAD Designer position will require interfacing with Architects, Engineers, and construction trade contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to produce conceptual sketches, design and construction drawings for Telecommunications, Security, Medical Equipment, and Audiovisual designs.
- Drawing production in AutoCAD and Revit
- Preparation of notes, schedules, memos and transmittals
- Document management
- The position will require interfacing with Architects, Engineers and construction trade contractors.
- Interoffice project coordination
- PDF creation, plotting and preparation of drawing packages
- Coordination with Architects, Engineers and contractors
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ Years of Relevant Experience
- 4 Year Technical Degree Required
- Fully proficient in current release of Revit (preferred at least three years project experience on Revit)
- Fully proficient in current release of AutoCAD (at least three years project experience on AutoCAD)
- MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with Architectural drawings and technology
- Knowledge of general drafting practices and procedures
- Ability to follow company CAD/BIM standards and procedures
- Ability to ensure accuracy of the designed product or concept for the organization
- Good organizational, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
Opportunities to Grow: Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits / Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
Professional Development: We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Contact Information: For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ref: Denver BIM/CAD
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.