Business Development Associate, Houston
- Mar 07, 2017
We are seeking a Business Development Associate for SM&W’s Houston office
The business development associate for SM&W’s Houston office will be responsible for generating new business with architects and end user clients in Houston and the surrounding areas.
The goal of SM&W’s marketing team is to support the growth of new client relationships, analyze potential markets that capitalize on new and emerging growth and revenue opportunities. The candidate will be responsible for comprising a number of tasks which aim at developing and implementing growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will foster and develop relationships with clients that will garner ongoing and continued business growth in all sectors of our consulting environment. The position will collaborate efforts as part of the larger marketing team in our US offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the branch director and marketing team to determine and assure sales objectives are met for the Houston office and firm wide initiatives.
• Identify target clients, set up introductory meetings for new projects and prospects.
• Develop relationships with architects, end user clients and stake holders to engender new business opportunities.
• Prepare presentations for new business meetings and identified opportunities.
• Work with and support the technical staff to response to proposals (including scope and fees) on opportunities to ensure consistent and timely response.
• Develop, prepare, schedule, and present AIA CES Presentations to targeted architects.
• Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations, including SMPS, AIA; identify and attend other local organizations to network and build relationships.
• Liaise with the marketing team to develop timely communications – including byline articles, white papers, blog posts, newsletter articles, and social media to leverage and raise awareness of SM&W capabilities.
• Update Cosential CRM with new opportunities, as well as business contacts.
• Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to facilitate and increase in overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
• Represent the firm at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
• Minimal local travel may be required.
Experience / Knowledge:
• 4 year degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in marketing and business development. Previous experience within the AEC industry is a plus.
• Computer skills: Proficiency in In-Design/Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Cosential, Deltek or other CRM software.
• Exceptional writing and overall communication skills.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), company sponsored medical and dental coverage, vacation/holidays and a comfortable, professional work environment.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: Mkt HOU