CAD/BIM Designer, Denver Office
- Mar 27, 2019
SM&W is seeking a CAD/BIM Designer for our Denver office
SM&W technology professional services’ consulting firm seeks a CAD/BIM Designer for their SM&W Colorado office. The CAD/BIM Designer position requires BIM project coordination and modeling skills.
Applicant should have a degree in the AEC industry with studies in design documentation and Revit. Applicant must be well versed in Revit and AutoCAD to produce design documentation and work in cooperation with the design team. In addition the applicant should have at least three years’ experience in AEC field producing design documents. Applicant will be required to maintain integrity of Revit models, work as a document controller, QA/QC drawings for standards and graphics, and coordinate Revit work between multiple offices.
Applicant will be required to produce conceptual sketches, design and construction drawings for Telecommunications, Security, Medical Equipment, and Audio Visual designs. The position also includes development of Theatrical Systems and Theater layout design; experience and interest in these areas is desired.
The position will require interfacing with Architects, Engineers and construction trade contractors.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualities:
- Fully proficient in current release of Revit (preferred at least three years project experience on Revit)
- Fully proficient in current release of AutoCAD (at least three years project experience on AutoCAD)
- MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with Architectural drawings and technology
- Knowledge of general drafting practices and procedures
- Ability to follow company CAD/BIM standards and procedures
- Ability to ensure accuracy of the designed product or concept for the organization
- Good organizational, written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Drawing production in AutoCAD and Revit
- Preparation of notes, schedules, memos and transmittals
- Document management
- Interoffice project coordination
- PDF creation, plotting and preparation of drawing packages
- Coordination with Architects, Engineers and contractors
Opportunities to Grow:
There are tremendous opportunities to grow within our organization which is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
We offer a competitive salary, contributory 401(k) plan, company sponsored medical and dental coverage, vacation/holidays, and a comfortable, professional work environment. SM&W is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.