CAD/BIM Designer, Washington D.C.
- Nov 01, 2017
SM&W is seeking CAD/BIM Designer for our Washington D.C. office
The CAD/BIM Designer position requires BIM project coordination and modeling skills. The candidate should have a degree in the AEC industry with studies in design documentation and Revit. Applicant must be well versed in Revit and AutoCAD to produce design documentation and work in cooperation with the design team. In addition the applicant should have experience in AEC field producing design documents. The CAD/BIM Designer will be required to maintain integrity of Revit models, work as a document controller, QA/QC drawings for standards and graphics, and coordinate Revit work between multiple offices.
The CAD/BIM Designer will be required to produce conceptual sketches, design and construction drawings for Telecommunications, Security, Medical Equipment, and Audio Visual designs. The position will require interfacing with Architects, Engineers and construction trade contractors.
- Drawing production in AutoCAD and Revit
- Preparation of notes, schedules, memos and transmittals
- Document management
- Interoffice project coordination
- PDF creation, plotting and preparation of drawing packages
- Coordination with Architects, Engineers and contractors
Experience / Knowledge:
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2010, preferably higher(at least three years project experience on AutoCAD)
- Proficient in Revit 2013 & 2014(at least three years project experience on Revit)
- MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with Architectural drawings and technology
- Knowledge of general drafting practices and procedures
- Ability to follow company CAD/BIM standards and procedures; ensure accuracy of the designed product or concept for the organization
- Good organizational, written and verbal skills;
- Able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- 4 yr. Technical Degree
- 2 -3 + years experience
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), company sponsored medical and dental coverage, vacation/holidays and a comfortable, professional work environment.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: DC – BIM/CAD