Junior Acoustics Consultant, San Francisco
- Feb 03, 2018
Shen Milsom & Wilke is seeking a Junior Level Acoustical Engineer to join our San Francisco office.
Projects are vast and include multiple vertical markets such as education, healthcare, government, commercial and hospitality. These projects will vary from new construction to retrofits. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team of Security, IT, Medical Equipment Planning and AV engineers, collaboratively providing client focused consultancy services as trusted leaders in our industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide mechanical, environmental, and architectural acoustic consultation and designs.
• Conduct field measurements and analysis for mechanical noise and vibration control and architectural concerns (sound transmission loss, impact noise insulation, reverberation time, environmental noise) .
• Conduct interior noise and environmental noise analyses using computer modeling software, such as EASE and SoundPlan.
• Assist project managers in the design and development from conceptual design through construction documents.
• Manage vendor and client relationships.
• Cultivating active and potential client relationships and business development.
• Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to increase overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
• 5-10% domestic travel may be required.
Experience / Skills:
• 1-3 years’ experience
• BS in Acoustics, Physics, or related degree
• Knowledge of Architectural drawing and technology.
• Knowledge of EASE and Sound Plan.
• Experience using B&K and Rion, measurement equipment a plus.
• Competency in Microsoft Suite
Opportunities to grow:
Chance to learn from a worldwide team of industry best thought leaders. We provide tremendous opportunities to advance within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world.
Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, flexible spending, commuter benefits, 401k, paid holidays and paid time off.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, REF: JR AC-SF.
SM&W is an equal opportunity employer.