Marketing/Business Developer, San Francisco Office
- Sep 12, 2018
SM&W is seeking a Business Developer for our San Francisco office
The objective of this position is to support the growth of new client relationships and nurture existing relationships with architects and end user clients in San Francisco and the surrounding areas. The candidate will be responsible to analyze and target potential markets that capitalize on new and emerging growth and revenue opportunities. The ideal candidate will have previous business development experience in various market sectors, including (but not limited to) healthcare, corporate, government, colleges and universities, K-12, mixed use, hospitality, and cultural.
The candidate will report to and work closely with the office leadership and the global marketing director to determine and assure sales objectives are met for the San Francisco office. The candidate will also collaborate with the technical staff in the San Francisco office, as well as with the marketing / business development professionals across the firm’s US offices. The ability to exhibit enthusiasm, drive, initiative, and excellent people skills is important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, identify, and acquire target clients; develop relationships with architects, end user clients and stake holders to engender new business opportunities
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: from lead generation and pitching new clients, negotiations, to getting agreements signed
- Prepare presentations for new business meetings and identified opportunities
- Work with and support the technical staff to respond to requests for proposals (RFPs), including the development of scope and fees to ensure consistent and timely response
- Develop, prepare, schedule, and present AIA continuing education presentations to targeted architects
- Develop timely and relevant content – including byline articles, white papers, blog posts, and social media to leverage and raise awareness of SM&W
- Update CRM (Cosential) with pipeline activity
- Represent the firm at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations; identify and attend organizations to network and build relationships
- Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to facilitate and increase in overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
- Cross sell all of SM&W’s services whenever possible.
- Contribute to the evolution of the company’s products and services
- Minimal local travel may be required.
Experience / Knowledge:
- B.A. in Marketing, Business or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience
- Expert use of MS Office
- Exceptional writing and overall communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as ability to collaborate with senior-level staff
- Existing relationships and an understanding of both the public and private sectors including but not limited to healthcare, corporate, K-12, mixed use, colleges and universities, government and cultural is preferred.
Opportunities to Grow:
There are tremendous opportunities to grow within our organization which is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Health Benefits / Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: Mkt SF