Medical Equipment Planner, New York City Office
- Apr 18, 2019
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is a technology design and consulting firm and we have an immediate opening for a Medical Equipment Planner, Project Manager in our New York, NY office.
We are searching for an individual with 5+ years of experience who is organized, detailed oriented and someone who is seeking a challenging opportunity. As a Medical Equipment Planner, you will work on projects in Critical Facilities, Higher Education/Universities and Medical and Healthcare Facilities throughout the world.
You will join our engineers on multi-disciplinary teams offering Audiovisual/Multimedia, Information Technology, Acoustics, Physical Security, and Medical Equipment Planning services. Our clients include architects, engineers, contractors and building owners.to collaboratively provide client focused consultancy services.
- Develops medical equipment budgets, specifications and placement drawings for medical facilities construction and renovation projects.
- Develops equipment specifications in consultation with end users and strategic partners.
- Conducts value cost analysis and comparative equipment studies to recommend the most cost and time effective equipment/systems. Maintain sufficient contact with project teams throughout design, implementation, and installation processes.
- Evaluates, locates and recommends equipment to be purchased and consults with medical and administrative personnel, architects, and contractors. Leads equipment performance analysis for reuse of existing equipment.
- Responsible for all phases of the design, construction, deployment and installation of capital projects.
- Outline project work plans, including deliverables and due dates.
- Ability to manage an equipment planning project team and is responsible for the day-to-day performance of all assigned team members.
- Monitors and assess emerging healthcare technologies and information; report on healthcare related technology trends and information as appropriate across the SM&W team.
- Provides project management techniques, working knowledge to perform a functional analysis of the equipment as it relates to operations and facility, defining key equipment criteria for the project, offering alternative solutions to the design teams to reduce initial or lifecycle cost while maximizing function, without compromising patient care, ADA requirements or ergonomics
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in medical equipment planning, healthcare, clinical engineering, biomedical, architectural or construction environment.
- 4 yr. Degree in Healthcare Administration, Biomedical Engineering, Nursing or Business (Healthcare Related Field)
- In-depth knowledge of the appropriate use and allocation of medical equipment for direct patient care.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry practices including hospital and clinic procedures and department functions.
- Ability to discuss with medical personnel, physicians, and administration, appropriate medical and operational support equipment.
- Good working knowledge of healthcare facility construction projects from inception through completion.
- Understanding of architectural and design schedules and the ability to coordinate equipment planning with building design and construction schedule. Ability to interpret architectural drawings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Communication and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Opportunities to Grow:
There are tremendous opportunities to grow within our organization which is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Health Benefits / Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Contact Information: For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ref: ME – NY
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.