Senior Acoustic Consultant Design Engineer, San Francisco
- Oct 26, 2017
We are seeking a Senior Level Acoustical Engineer for our San Francisco office.
You will work on a wide range of vertical markets and geographically diverse projects from small offices to multi-million square feet structures; from corporate to multifamily residential, hospitals to hospitality, and government to training centers. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team of Security, IT, Medical Equipment Planning and AV engineers collaboratively providing client focused consultancy services as trusted leaders in our industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide mechanical, environmental, and architectural acoustic consultation and designs.
• Conduct field measurements (sound transmission loss, impact noise insulation, reverberation time, environmental noise, etc.)
• Conduct acoustical analyses and develop recommendations.
• Participate in site visits and analyses for mechanical noise and vibration control and architectural concerns.
• Project management; Create project plans and schedules, managing budgets, scope and change from conceptual design through construction documents.
• Conduct interior noise and environmental noise analyses using computer modeling software, such as EASE and SoundPlan.
• Manage vendor and client relationships.
• Serve as an internal technical resource, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise.
• Cultivating active and potential client relationships and business development.
• Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to increase overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
• 10-15% domestic travel will be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 8+ years’ experience
• BS in Acoustics, Physics, or other engineering degree.
• INCE certification preferred
• Strong knowledge of Architectural drawing and technology.
• Fully proficient in most recent version of EASE and Sound Plan preferred.
• Experience using B&K and Rion, measurement equipment a plus.
• Competency in Microsoft Suite
Opportunities to Grow:
Chance to learn and grow from a worldwide team of industry best thought leaders. Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world.
Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, and annual bonus opportunities.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please reference SF AC in the subject line when applying.
SM&W is an equal opportunity employer.
Ref: SF AC