Senior Audiovisual Design Engineer, Denver Office
- Sep 30, 2019
Shen Milsom & Wilke is a global consulting firm dedicated in providing guidance and creative technology solutions. Our Integrated Communications Technology group is seeking a Senior Audiovisual Design Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team in our Denver, CO office. You will join our team of Security, IT, Medical Equipment Planning and Acoustical engineers to collaboratively provide client focused consultancy services.
The candidate must possess a high degree of technical expertise in Audiovisual / Multimedia design. Must have a working understanding and documented experience to work within integrated environments of audiovisual and data systems. Prepare Audiovisual/Multimedia designs inclusive of audio, video, and control in support of a broad base of project opportunities. Work with equipment manufacturers for a clear understanding of their products and appropriate applications. Ability to read, write and understand architectural drawings and specifications, electrical drawings, audio, video, and control system designs. Responsible for project schedules, design budgets, quality control, adherence to client scope and criteria, and coordination with all design team members. Design capabilities include all phases from conceptual design through construction documents. May work independently or be responsible for leading a team of technologist and production staff on projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project Management and scheduling, developing design budgets, quality control, adherence to client directives and project scope, performing site surveys and/or client engagement to develop design requirements.
- Design & Coordination
- Responsible for ICT design, including all phases of design and coordination from budgets, conceptual/schematic design through construction documents.
- Review architectural, mechanical, and structural design and engineering plans and consult on space design, material selection, and multimedia systems.
- Perform site surveys to develop client requirements for converged infrastructure, and develop documentation of new or existing systems and building conditions
- Work within a team environment to ensure client standards are met and that all technology systems are incorporated into the overall system design
- Provide production management and assist with coordination to address all aspects of digital networks inclusive of audio, video, control, voice and data, and security systems.
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors, clients and other interdepartmental personnel.
- Serve as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Research, develop and evaluate emerging technology to maximize the firm’s services.
- Assure SM&W Quality standards with adherence to QA/QC procedures.
- 10-15% domestic and international travel may be required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience; Experience in a client facing consulting role a significant advantage.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Industry-Related Degree Required.
- Ability to effectively manage large complex projects on schedule and within budget.
- Prior project leadership/responsibility on larger scale projects required
- Experience in design and documentation process, professional practices and design standards, and development of budget costs.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Strong client service oriented and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with a high degree of initiative, and within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- CTS, CTS-D Certification preferred
- Demonstrated CAD Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of BIM/REVIT
- Proficiency with the full Microsoft Office Suite
Opportunities to Grow: Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits / Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
Professional Development: We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Contact Information: For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org