Senior Audiovisual Multimedia Design Engineer, San Francisco
- Feb 14, 2017
We are seeking a Senior Audiovisual Multimedia Design Engineer for SM&W’s San Francisco office
The senior audiovisual multimedia design engineer for SM&W’s San Francisco office is responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of traditional and emerging audiovisual technology and advanced multimedia presentation systems for the most prestigious clients in the world. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team of IT, Security and Acoustical engineers to provide the most innovative solutions possible within the client’s project constraints.
The audiovisual multimedia design engineer must have a thorough working understanding and documented experience to work within highly integrated digital environments of audiovisual and data systems. The senior audiovisual multimedia design engineer will prepare Audiovisual/Multimedia designs inclusive of audio, video, and control in support of a broad base of project opportunities. Additional working knowledge of network design is a plus. This position will include client facing requirements and the ability to converse with technical and nontechnical client representatives while developing project deliverables.
Hand in glove with the requirements for technical skills goes the requirements for Project Management. At SM&W Project Management readily encompasses not just a single discipline but all of our disciplines. Senior staff are more than encouraged to become involved in multi-discipline management. This is all inclusive of a high level understanding of the other disciplines as well as attending meetings while representing your core discipline as well as representing the other disciplines engaged on the project. This involves taking meeting minutes, coordinating and managing staff, schedules the teams work effort, deliverables etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership mentoring to junior staff and across disciplines
- Provide over-arching project management within the core discipline as well as multi-discipline project management
- Interact with clients to determine exact systems requirements, preliminary project budgets, define systems capabilities within those budget parameters, and reach consensus as to an acceptable audiovisual/multimedia systems program.
- High level of proven communications capability to manage client relationships, project team coordination and design team project management.
- Coordination and experience coordinating all aspects of digital networks inclusive of audio, video, control, voice and data, and security systems.
- Produce systems documentation such as functional block drawings showing audio, video and control systems interconnections, electrical drawings, facilities drawings, etc.
- Create audiovisual systems specifications outlining functional requirements for all audio, video and control systems in each area and equipment lists as appropriate.
- Interact with systems integrators to negotiate contract bids and awards.
- Play an integral role in the systems implementation process, acting as the primary point of contact between the systems integrator, the project team, and the client to ensure a successful implementation.
- Working knowledge of interior acoustics and relationship to audio systems functionality
- Interface with the project architect to integrate specific technical requirements into the overall architectural aesthetic.
- Establish infrastructure requirements; i.e. an empty conduit, raceways, junction boxes and power/heat loads.
- Determine space requirements for all audiovisual equipment screen sizes, sightlines, projection lines, ceiling height requirements, and technical space
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials and presentations, cultivating active and potential client relationships and business development.
- 15-20% domestic and international travel may be required.
Experience / Knowledge:
- 8+ years’ experience
- 4-year Engineering degree preferred
- CTS-D certification required
- Excellent writing, listening and verbal communications skills, with strong commitment to continuing learning and team collaboration.
- Strong knowledge of Architectural drawing, technology, audio, video, data and control system designs.
- Must be proactive with excellent time management skills, and being capable of working independently as well as leading a project team.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-leader attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under strict deadlines, interfaces effectively with management, and handle multiple requests.
- Functional knowledge AutoCAD
- Functional knowledge of BIM/Revit
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite/Office 365
- General knowledge of Information Technologies (IT) services and digital media delivery technologies, network hardware, infrastructure and systems architecture such as IP, WAN, LAN Routers Switchers etc.
- Proven record of developing systems design using emerging technologies.
- Project Management Certifications a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), company sponsored medical and dental coverage, vacation/holidays and a comfortable, professional work environment.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Ref: SF Senior AV