Senior IT Infrastructure Design Engineer Consultant, Chicago
- Oct 26, 2017
We are seeking a Senior level IT Infrastructure Design Engineer Consultant for our Chicago office
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and specification of standards compliant structured cabling systems. Minimum 10 years’ experience as a high-level consultant and designer. Must have experience with the coordination of MEP and architectural infrastructure requirements. Project management experience should include Low Voltage -multi-discipline (Information Technology Systems, Audiovisual and Security) coordination and design. An understanding of IT technologies (LAN/WAN, Wireless, RTLS) are a must. Information Infrastructure design capabilities include all phases from Conceptual/Schematic Design thro ugh Construction Documents.
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the architectural design process and construction administration. A proven track record and ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of design is required. Projects are vast and include multiple vertical markets including education, healthcare, government, commercial and hospitality and will vary from new construction to retrofits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviewing architectural, mechanical, and structural design and engineering plans and consulting on space design, material selection, and MEP systems.
• Interfacing with Clients, Owners, and design team members.
• Thorough knowledge of Schematic Design reports, Design Development documentation and the Construction Documentation phase of the architectural design process to manage a project through all phases of design.
• Preparing structured cabling design documentation, including drawings and CSI specifications.
• Reviewing and approving shop drawings and product data submittals and responding to RFi’s.
• Field and systems coordination, specification writing, CAD/BIM, field work, product research, and responding to client questions.
• Managing resources in the development of construction documents, program requirements and basis of design reports.
• Serving as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise.
• 15-20% domestic and international travel may be required.
Experience / Knowledge:
• 10+ years’ experience
• 4-year Engineering degree / RCDD certification required
• Knowledge of various Information Systems design and implementation.
• Thorough knowledge of telecommunications cabling and infrastructure design and implementation.
• Knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, IEEE and TIA/EIA.
• Knowledge of equipment manufacturers including Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, Extreme, Avaya.
• Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-player attitude in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work well under strict deadlines, interface effectively with management, handle multiple requests with an eye for detail and a strong commitment to quality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite; proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD a plus.
• General knowledge of digital media delivery technologies, AV systems.
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, and annual bonus opportunities.
SM&W is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: Senior ITI Chicago