Senior IT Systems Consultant, New York City Office
- Apr 19, 2019
Shen Milsom & Wilke is a global technology design consulting firm dedicated in providing guidance and creative technology solutions. Our Information and Communication Technology Group is seeking a Senior level IT Systems Consultant to join our multi-disciplinary team in our New York, NY office. You will join our professionals of Security, AV, Medical Equipment Planning and Acoustical engineers to collaboratively provide client focused consultancy services.
Global projects consist of Critical Facilities, Corporate Interiors, Higher Education and Universities, Medical and Healthcare Facilities, Transportation, Government Offices and Facilities.
The ideal Senior Consultant will lead and support the design of project systems while working closely with clients, client reps, architects and MEP engineers. The consultant will be responsible for the design and specification of IP Network Switching, Unified Communications and 802.11 wireless systems with experience as an advanced consultant and designer of IT systems (IP Network Switching, Unified Communications and wireless systems) and the coordination of infrastructure requirements. High-Level design capabilities in numerous technologies (LAN/WAN/SAN, InfoSec, Wireless, RFID).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage multi-discipline ICT coordination and design capabilities for all phases from Conceptual/Schematic Design through Construction Documents.
- Review architectural, mechanical, and structural design and engineering plans and consult on space design, material selection, and multimedia systems.
- Develop network component configurations, interfacing with local vendors to insure systems are installed and configured as per the client approved design.
- Project manage ICT teams in producing the final as-built site documentation.
- Design and prepare the layout of floor plans, riser diagrams, schedules, specification notes and details with special emphasis on Structured Cabling.
- Perform site surveys to develop client requirements for converged infrastructure, and develop documentation of new or existing systems and building conditions
- Work within a team environment to ensure client standards are met and that all technology systems are incorporated into the overall system design
- Provide timely, accurate and complete responses to RPF’s and RFI’s
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors, clients and other interdepartmental personnel.
- Serve as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to junior engineers; keep current with technology trends and standards
- Research, develop and evaluate emerging technology to maximize the firm’s services.
- Assure SM&W Quality standards with adherence to QA/QC procedures.
- 15-20% domestic and international travel may be required.
- 15+ years of experience; Experience in a client facing consulting role a significant advantage
- BS/Engineering or related science preferred
- RCDD Certified / PMP Certification a plus
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications cabling and infrastructure design and implementation
- Knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, IEEE and TIA/EIA
- Proven knowledge of industry standard equipment manufacturers including Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, Extreme, Avaya
- Project Management a must / Migration/move management experience, a plus
- Knowledge of audio-visual/multimedia and security systems, a plus
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD / Functional knowledge of BIM/Revit. Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- General knowledge of digital media delivery technologies, AV systems and ICT disciplines.
Opportunities to Grow: Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is among the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits / Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
Professional Development: We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Contact Information: For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: NY Sr. IT Systems Consultant
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.