The American Kennel Club (AKC) recently relocated their offices and the Museum of the Dog to a new site in New York City. Their previous offices were located at 260 Madison Avenue, and the Museum was in St. Louis, MO. The new location for both offices and new experiential, destination museum is 101 Park Avenue at 40th St New York, NY.
The new dog museum occupies approximately 15,000 square feet, spread across two floors with a separate ground floor entrance. The museum includes kiosks/displays, digital features, interactive exhibits, retail space, presentation, broadcast & classroom spaces.
SM&W provided all the acoustical and audiovisual consulting services for the project from Technology Master Plan development through final systems design. Our audiovisual consulting scope of work includes the specification of multimedia hardware and infrastructure in support of the Digital Content Experience (by Gensler) throughout the facility, inclusive but not limited to passive & interactive displays, kiosks, digital exhibit features & program audio. The project kicked off in 2018, and opened its doors to the public in February of 2019.
- ABC7: Museum of the Dog returns to NYC after 32 years ‘For the Love of All Things Dog’
- AM NY: Museum of the Dog Returns to New York City after 32 Years
- Artsy: The Museum of the Dog Is a Love Letter to Man’s Best Friend
- BuzzFeed News: There’s A Dog Museum Opening in New York City
- CBS: Museum of the Dog Returns to Open in New York
- Fox News: American Kennel Club’s dog museum, relocated to New York, will unleash 150 pieces showcasing furry friends
- Good Morning America: New dog museum unleashed in New York City
- Gothamist: A Museum Dedicated to Dogs is Coming to Midtown in February
- NBC New York: Museum of the Dog to Be Unleashed in Midtown Manhattan Next Month
- Reuters: New York Museum is Going to the Dogs
- The Late Show with James Corden
- Thrillist: The Museum of Dog Exists and It’s Opening in NYC in February
- Travel + Leisure: New York City’s New Museum of the Dog is Home to the World’s Largest Collection of Canine Fine Art
- USA Today: The Museum of the Dog is Set to Debut in New York City on Feb. 8
A huge congratulations to our design team for a project well done. It was a pleasure to work with Gensler for the Exhibit Technology Concept, AV Systems design, and Acoustical planning.