- Oct 01, 2022
Shen Milsom & Wilke is seeking talented Acoustical Consultant for our Washington, D.C., / Arlington, VA office. The Consultant will work on a diverse range of high profile projects by conducting field measurements, building acoustical computer models, and consulting on solutions to optimize acoustical performance and mitigate unwanted noise and vibration.
Ideal candidate would be experienced in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering with a thorough understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics. The candidate must possess expertise with sound and vibration test equipment and the ability to measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration from interior and exterior sources. You will be responsible for field noise and vibration measurements, data analysis and evaluation. Design capabilities in numerous vertical markets, including education, healthcare, government, commercial and hospitality, is a must.
Project management experience to include multi-discipline coordination in an architectural design environment is a plus. Essential quality and experience include maintaining and continuing to build on a strong heritage of client service and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acoustical Design: Provide acoustical consulting in architectural & mechanical acoustics, audiovisual systems & environmental noise control and vibration isolation projects.
- Collect and analyze noise and vibration data. Perform calculations and site surveys/construction administration.
- Prepare reports, memorandums to communicate acoustical project issues.
- Development and design of project drawings in AutoCAD/BIM, EASE and Sound Plan.
- Play an integral role in the systems implementation process, acting as the primary point of contact between the systems vendor, the project team, and the client to ensure a successful implementation
- Interact with systems vendors to negotiate contract bids and awards.
- Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to facilitate and increase in overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
- Up to 5-10% domestic and international travel may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience
- BS in Acoustics, Physics, or other engineering degree.
- INCE certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of Architectural drawing and technology.
- Fully proficient in most recent version of EASE and Sound Plan preferred.
- Fully proficient in most recent version of AutoCAD, BIM, EASE and Sound Plan.
- Competency in Microsoft Suite
Opportunities to Grow:
Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Annual Salary Range:
$75,000 – $100,000
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ref: DC AC Associate