Audiovisual Design Consultant
- Oct 01, 2022
Shen Milsom & Wilke is a global consulting firm dedicated in providing guidance and creative technology solutions. Our Integrated Communications Technology Group has openings for multiple AV/ Multimedia Design Consultants to join our multi-disciplinary team of professionals. Individual will join our team of Security, IT, Medical Equipment Planning and Acoustical engineers to collaboratively provide client focused consultancy services
Project responsibilities include creating designs for various spaces including Critical Facilities, Corporate Interiors, Higher Education and Universities, Medical and Healthcare Facilities, Transportation, Government Offices and Facilities throughout the world.
The AV design consultant candidate must have a thorough working understanding and experience to work within highly integrated digital environments of audiovisual and data systems. The preferred candidate will prepare Audiovisual/Multimedia designs inclusive of audio, video, and control in support of a broad base of project opportunities. Additional working knowledge of network design is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design & Coordination
- Responsible for ICT design, including all phases of design and coordination from budgets, conceptual/schematic design through construction documents.
- Review architectural, mechanical, and structural design and engineering plans and consult on space design, material selection, and multimedia systems.
- Perform site surveys to develop client requirements for converged infrastructure, and develop documentation of new or existing systems and building conditions
- Work within a team environment to ensure client standards are met and that all technology systems are incorporated into the overall system design
- Provide production management and assist with coordination to address all aspects of digital networks inclusive of audio, video, control, voice and data, and security systems.
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors, clients and other interdepartmental personnel.
- Serve as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Research, develop and evaluate emerging technology to maximize the firm’s services.
- Assure SM&W Quality standards with adherence to QA/QC procedures.
- 10-15% domestic and international travel may be required.
- Varied degrees of experience, 1-3 years, 3-7, and 8+ years of experience years of experience in the audiovisual industry; Experience in a client facing consulting role a significant advantage
- BS/Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or related science preferred
- PMP, CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of Architectural drawing, technology, audio, video, data and control system designs.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD / Functional knowledge of BIM/Revit
- General knowledge of Information Technologies (IT) services and digital media delivery technologies, network hardware, infrastructure and systems architecture such as IP, WAN, LAN Routers Switchers
Opportunities to Grow: Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is among the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits / Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
- Much More!
Professional Development: We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Annual Salary Range:
$60,000 – $80,000
Contact Information: For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations
Ref: NY AV