- Aug 08, 2023
Shen Milsom & Wilke is a global consulting firm dedicated in providing guidance and creative technology solutions.
We have a great opportunity for a talented BIM / CAD Designer to join our New York office working alongside our team of ICT, Medical Equipment Planners and Acoustical engineers to collaboratively provide client focused design and consultancy services.
The ideal candidate should have a 4-year technical degree with studies in design documentation or equivalent. You must be well versed in Revit and AutoCAD to produce design documentation and work in cooperation with the design team. In addition, we require at least five years’ experience in AEC field producing design documents. You will be required to maintain integrity of Revit models, work as a document controller, QA/QC drawings for standards and graphics, and coordinate Revit work between multiple offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage BIM/CAD Designer team through production of conceptual sketches, design and construction drawings across all disciplines and offices
- Refining and standardizing project documentation, including but not limited to the Firm’s standards, templates and libraries
- Act as a mentor, inspiration and motivator to members of the product development team to follow BIM/CAD best practices and to contribute to innovative ideas and growth plans for the department.
- Monitor and track team compliance with BIM standards and guidelines
- Develop strategic plans for company-wide implementations and operation of BIM.
- Collaborate with the Project Managers, Design and project teams, internally and Architects, Engineers, and contractors externally in executing BIM designs for each project across various offices and disciplines
- Work closely with the Discipline Leads in developing the construction document sets and providing firm-wide technical support in evaluating, developing, and improving BIM processes, best practice policies, protocols and workflows
- PDF creation, plotting and preparation of drawing packages
- Monitor the 3D models for quality and content throughout the project delivery process and at specific project delivery milestones
- Coordinate amongst internal disciplines and external disciplines using coordination software like Navisworks/Revizto.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 Year Architectural Degree Technical Degree or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in architectural design development, construction documentation, and detailing on a wide variety of project types
- Fully proficient in Revit, Revizto, Navisworks, BIM 360 Teams/Document Management/Design Collaboration and AutoCAD
- Possess strong leadership, organizational skills, and communication skills
- Specialized knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering software tools such as Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, V-Ray, IRIS VR and Photoshop suite
- Fully proficient with Architectural drawing sets
- Ability to ensure accuracy of the designed product or concept for the organization
- Good interpersonal skills, willingness to collaborate with and ability to provide formal/informal training session
- Full Proficiency in Microsoft Suites
Opportunities to Grow:
Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is among the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
- Mentoring Programs
Annual Salary Range:
$50,000 – $90,000
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ref: NY BIM
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.