Marketing and Business Development Associate
- Jul 23, 2021
The business development associate for SM&W’s Denver office will be responsible for generating new business with architects and end user clients in Denver and the surrounding areas. The goal of SM&W’s marketing team is to support the growth of new client relationships and analyze potential markets that capitalize on new and emerging growth and revenue opportunities. The candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks which aim at developing and implementing growth opportunities. The successful candidate will foster and develop relationships with clients that will garner ongoing and continued business growth in all sectors of our consulting environment. The position will collaborate efforts as part of the larger marketing team in our US offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the branch director and marketing team to determine and assure sales objectives are met for the Denver office and firm wide initiatives.
- Identify target clients, set up introductory meetings for new projects and prospects.
- Develop relationships with architects, end user clients and stake holders to engender new business opportunities.
- Prepare presentations for new business meetings and identified opportunities.
- Lead and work with the marketing and technical staff in preparation of proposal responses (including scope and fees) on opportunities to ensure consistent and timely response.
- Develop, prepare, schedule, and present AIA CES Presentations to targeted architects.
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations, such as SMPS, AIA, CAHED, CREJ, etc. and identify and attend other local organizations to network and build relationships.
- Liaise with the marketing team to develop timely communications – including byline articles, white papers, blog posts, newsletter articles, and social media to leverage and raise awareness of SM&W capabilities.
- Update Cosential CRM with new opportunities, as well as business contacts.
- Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to facilitate and increase in overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
- Represent the firm at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Regional travel will be required.
Experience / Knowledge:
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in marketing and business development. Previous experience within the AEC industry is a plus.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in In-Design/Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Cosential, Deltek or other CRM software.
- Exceptional writing and overall communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
Opportunities to Grow: Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is among the most recognized, innovative, and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits | Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
- Volunteer Opportunities and Social Responsibility
Professional Development: We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: Mkt DEN
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.