Medical Equipment Planning Project Coordinator
- Nov 03, 2022
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is a technology design and consulting firm, and we have an immediate opening for an organized, detailed-oriented Medical Equipment Project Coordinator seeking a challenging opportunity in our New York office.
You will join our engineers on multi-disciplinary teams offering Audiovisual/Multimedia, Information Technology, Acoustics, Physical Security, and Medical Equipment Planning services. Our clients include architects, engineers, contractors and building owners.to collaboratively provide client-focused consultancy services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Medical Equipment Project Coordinator is responsible for administrative tasks related to planning, organizing, purchasing, coordinating delivery and installation of medical equipment for hospitals and other medical facilities on multiple construction projects at a time. Main responsibilities include: database updates as directed by the project team, requesting quotes from vendors, ensuring purchases are compliant with the hospitals group purchasing contracts, preparing bid documents and comparison reports, processing requisitions and purchase orders, recording purchases on PO Log, maintaining budget documents, tracking and expediting deliveries with vendor and warehouse, resolving all delivery issues, record keeping on Process Control Log for all purchases and deliveries, creating Re-Delivery Manifests, assisting with coordination of vendor installed equipment, approving invoices as directed by client, and coordinate internal team travel arrangements. Other responsibilities as determined by the Project Manager. Represent the Company in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of utilization of capital equipment and operational services in healthcare facilities
- Experience with equipment purchasing delivery and installation logistics.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures for procurement of supplies and equipment
- Fundamental understanding of supply chain flow
- Knowledge of hospital purchasing policies and procedures and hospital’s GPO contracts a plus.
- Proven knowledge of hospital items and equipment.
- A professional demeanor, including above average interpersonal skills to facilitate a team environment between SM&W, our client, vendors, and other project team members.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good command of the English language.
- The ability to work independently on project assignments.
- Above average ability to prioritize work assignments and successfully handle a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Good negotiating skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Above average Microsoft suite skills, and the ability to learn proprietary and commercial software.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
- This position reports to the Senior Associate and Principal, Medical Equipment Planning
Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma is required. Associate degree, Business School Certification or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 1-3 years of related experience. Healthcare environment a plus.
Opportunities to Grow: Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is among the most recognized, innovative, and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits | Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
- Much More!
Professional Development: We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
Annual Salary Range:
$50,000 – $85,000
Contact Information: For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ref: ME – NYC
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.