Security Design Consultant
- Sep 08, 2021
Shen Milsom & Wilke is a global consulting firm dedicated in providing guidance and creative technology solutions. Our Information and Communication Technology Group is seeking a Security Consultant Design Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team of professionals in our New York location. You will join our team of Security, AV, IT, Medical Equipment Planning and Acoustical engineers to collaboratively provide client focused consultancy services.
Project responsibilities include producing designs for various spaces including Critical Facilities, Corporate Interiors, Higher Education and Universities, Medical and Healthcare Facilities, Transportation, Government Offices and Facilities in the global market.
Your design responsibilities will include all design phases from conceptual design through construction documents, as well as field observation visits during construction administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management and scheduling, developing design budgets, quality control, adherence to client directives and project scope, performing site surveys and/or client engagement to develop design requirements.
- Drawing & specification documentation and cost estimating of new, existing or extended electronic security systems.
- Review, evaluate and update drawings and product submittals, prepare technical specifications for installation methods and components.
- Coordinate physical infrastructure system layout and as-built designs with internal and/or external partner teams.
- Play an integral role in the systems implementation process, acting as the primary point of contact between the systems vendor, the project team, and the client to ensure a successful implementation
- Interact with systems vendors to negotiate contract bids and awards.
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials and presentations, cultivating active and potential client relationships.
- 5-10% domestic and international travel may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience of comprehensive experience in the security systems design or design/build field.
- Full understanding of the architectural and engineering design and integration process.
- Experience with and technical working knowledge of security system design including access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, and advanced security applications such as biometrics, video analytics and visitor management
- Working knowledge of risk assessments; electronic and physical security systems
- Strong client service oriented and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills required including the ability to conduct presentations
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD / Functional knowledge of BIM/Revit
- Proficiency of Microsoft Windows and Office environments
- 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent
- Involvement in Industry Organizations such as ASIS or the International Association of Professional Security Consultants
- Preferred Certifications Include:
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- ASIS Physical Security Professional (PSP)
Opportunities to Grow:
Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is among the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
- Mentoring Programs
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ref: NY SC
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.