Senior Audiovisual Design Consultant
- Oct 31, 2022
SM&W’s Senior Audiovisual Consultants are responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of traditional and emerging audiovisual technology and advanced multimedia presentation systems for the most prestigious clients in the world. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of IT, Security and Acoustical engineers to provide the most innovative solutions possible within the client’s project constraints. The candidate must have a thorough working understanding and documented experience to work within highly integrated digital environments of audiovisual and data systems. The preferred candidate will prepare audiovisual/multimedia designs inclusive of audio, video, and control in support of a broad base of project opportunities. Additional working knowledge of network design is a plus. This position will include client facing requirements and the ability to converse with technical and nontechnical client representatives while developing project deliverables.
Hand in glove with the requirements for technical skills goes the requirements for project management. At SM&W project management readily encompasses opportunities for not just a single discipline but all our disciplines. Senior staff are more than encouraged to become involved in multidiscipline management. This is all inclusive of a high-level understanding of the other disciplines as well as attending meetings while representing your core discipline as well as representing the other disciplines engaged on the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project responsibility through all phases of design and coordination from budgets, conceptual/schematic design through construction Documents.
- Oversee all aspects of digital networks inclusive of audio, video, control, voice and data, and security systems.
- High level of proven communications capability to manage client relationships, project team coordination and design team project management.
- Produce systems documentation such as functional block drawings showing audio, video and control systems interconnections, electrical drawings, facilities drawings, etc.
- Create audiovisual systems specifications outlining functional requirements for all audio, video and control systems in each area and equipment lists as appropriate.
- Play an integral role in the systems implementation process, acting as the primary point of contact between the systems integrator, the project team, and the client to ensure a successful implementation.
- Working knowledge of interior acoustics and relationship to audio systems functionality
Skills and Qualifications:
- 8+ years’ experience
- 4-year Engineering degree preferred
- CTS certification required, CTS-D strongly preferred
- Excellent writing, listening and verbal communications skills, with strong commitment to continuing learning and team collaboration.
- Strong knowledge of Architectural drawing, technology, audio, video, data and control system designs.
- Must be proactive with excellent time management skills and being capable of working independently as well as leading a project team.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-leader attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under strict deadlines, interfaces effectively with management, and handle multiple requests.
- Functional knowledge AutoCAD
- Functional knowledge of BIM/Revit
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite/Office 365
- General knowledge of Information Technologies (IT) services and digital media delivery technologies, network hardware, infrastructure, and systems architecture such as IP, WAN, LAN Routers Switchers
- Proven record of developing systems design using emerging technologies.
- Project Management Certifications a plus.
Opportunities to Grow:
Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is among the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Work life balance:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision insurance
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance buy-in options.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule Programs
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive
Annual Salary Range:
$85,000 – $150,000
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: DC AV