Technical Project Manager
- Apr 01, 2019
SM&W is seeking a well-qualified Technical Project Manager to work closely within a multi-discipline project team.
The role will require daily interface with high level clients, architects, design consultants, construction personnel and end user clients. This individual will lead the implementation of multiple, multimedia technology systems in a corporate environment simultaneously.
The candidate must have a thorough working understanding and documented experience to work within highly integrated digital environments of audiovisual and data systems. Additional experience in network design is a plus. This position will include client facing requirements and the ability to converse with technical and nontechnical client representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- High level of proven communications capability to manage client relationships, project team coordination and design team project management.
- Strong knowledge of Architectural drawing, interior acoustics, technology, audio, video, data and control system designs.
- Project manage the systems implementation process, acting on behalf of the owner as the primary point of contact between the systems integrator, the project team, and the client to ensure a successful implementation for all disciplines.
- Communicate with clients to understanding exact systems requirements, project budgets, systems capabilities
- Interface with the project architect to integrate specific technical requirements into the overall architectural aesthetic.
- Meeting documentation (meeting minutes) coordinating and managing staff, team schedules etc.
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Produce systems documentation such as functional block drawings showing audio, video and control systems interconnections, electrical drawings, and facilities drawings.
- Create audiovisual systems specifications outlining functional requirements for all audio, video and control systems in each area and equipment lists as appropriate.
- Work with systems integrators to negotiate contract bids and awards.
- Establish infrastructure requirements; i.e. an empty conduit, raceways, junction boxes and power/heat loads.
- Determine space requirements for all audiovisual equipment screen sizes, sightlines, projection lines, ceiling height requirements, and technical space planning.
- Prior experience working onsite serving as an owner’s agent.
- Working knowledge of interior acoustics and relationship to audio systems functionality
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience, CTS-D/I certification, Bachelor Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Project Management Certifications is required
- Ability to multitask proactively and successfully under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and BIM/Revit
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite/Office 365
- Understanding of Information Technologies (IT) services and digital media delivery technologies, network hardware, infrastructure and systems architecture such as IP, WAN, LAN Routers Switchers etc.
- 10-15% domestic and international travel may be required.
Opportunities to Grow
Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world. We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our employees.
Benefits & Work/Life Balance
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Flexible summer work schedules
- Much More!
We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers:
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.