Senior Security Consultant
- Jun 19, 2020
SM&W seeks a Security Consultant Design Engineer to join the DC office. The successful candidate will be leading and designing physical security infrastructure systems. Design capabilities include all design phases from conceptual design through construction documents, as well as field observation visits during construction administration. May work independently or be responsible for leading a team of technology designers and production staff on projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management and scheduling, developing design budgets, quality control, adherence to client directives and project scope, performing site surveys and/or client engagement to develop design requirements.
- Drawing & specification documentation and cost estimating of new, existing or extended electronic security systems.
- Review, evaluate and update drawings and product submittals, prepare technical specifications for installation methods and components.
- Coordinate physical infrastructure system layout and as-built designs with internal and/or external partner teams.
- Play an integral role in the systems implementation process, acting as the primary point of contact between the systems vendor, the project team, and the client to ensure a successful implementation
- Interact with systems vendors to negotiate contract bids and awards.
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials and presentations, cultivating active and potential client relationships. Experience in marketing and business development
- 5-10% domestic and international travel may be required
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience of comprehensive experience in the security systems design or design/build field.
- Full understanding of the architectural and engineering design and integration process.
- Experience with and technical working knowledge of security system design including access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, and advanced security applications such as biometrics, video analytics and visitor management
- Working knowledge of risk assessments; electronic and physical security systems
- Strong client service oriented and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills required including the ability to conduct presentations
- Must be familiar with AutoCAD design software, Revit experience is a plus
- Proficiency of Microsoft Windows and Office environments
- 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent
Certifications: One or more a plus
- American Society for Industrial Security International
- CPP (Certified Protection Professional)
- PSP (Physical Security Professional)
- IAPSC (International Association of Professional Security Consultants)
Opportunities to Grow: Chance to learn and grow from a worldwide team of industry best thought leaders. Tremendous opportunities to grow within an organization that is amongst the most recognized, innovative and trusted multidisciplinary consulting service firms in the world.
Work life balance: At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, and annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, SM&W offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Contact Information: For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
REF: DC SC