Shen Milsom & Wilke provided medical equipment planning expertise for the Inova Schar Cancer Institute in Falls Church, VA. A part of the Inova Health System, the Inova Schar Cancer Institute is an international center for advanced cancer research, designed to be a destination for cancer care. The one-stop-shop houses a full suite of thoughtfully-planned services dedicated specifically to cancer including an in-house pharmacy, a Life with Cancer area used for educational resources to patients and families, a spa, various treatment suites, and a 56-bay infusion center located on the top floor of the building so patients can have a view while they are being treated. The nine-story ambulatory care and research facility also includes an entire floor dedicated to pediatric oncology and hematology.
The cancer center is full of state-of-the-art medical technology, including an MRi machine, 2 CT scanners, 2 High Dose Radiation Vaults, 2 Linear Accelerator Vaults, a Cyber Knife Vault, a Nuclear Medicine room, a PET/CT Scanner, a Radiographic room, a Rad/Fluro Room, and a Vectra 360 Degree Photography Room. The facility is connected by bridge to a Pavilion building, which houses radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging, breast imaging, and laboratory services.
SM&W has been on the design team since the project’s inception, with our medical equipment planning services spanning over 6 years. Our healthcare experts are currently working on the 2 groundbreaking Proton Therapy vaults to open in the Inova Schar Cancer Institute in 2020.
- Inova Announces Dedication, Grand Opening of State-of-the-Art Inova Schar Cancer Institute – Read Here
- Inova to open $150 million cancer center in Fairfax County – Read Here
- Inova’s 1-stop cancer treatment center opens this month – Read Here
- The Inova Schar Cancer Institute hoping to offer more resources to cancer patients – Read Here
- Fuel For Change At Inova Schar Cancer Institute – Read Here